- 2 Hours
Ocean Spirit is a state-of-the-art sailing catamaran offering luxury, space and comfort for a maximum capacity of 55 passengers. Whalewatch Sail is led by Certified Marine Naturalists for fun and informative interpretation of humpback whale behaviors and characteristics.
We sail when possible depending on weather conditions or whale activity and may need to use our engines for the safety of the animals, in accordance with our “Be Whale Aware” policies for safe and sustainable humpback whale viewing.
Multiple departures daily from Ma’alaea Harbor.
Whale sightings are guaranteed or go again free on another whalewatch of equal or lesser value within one year. We are proud of our 97% sighting success rate.
Find out how to earn a free ecotour while supporting humpback whale research with our FINDERS FREE program!
Book online and save 20%
Children 4 and under are free.
Departs: Daily at 10:30 a.m. [December 1 to April 17]
Duration: 2 hours (approx.)
Check-in Time: 45 minutes prior to departure
Check-in Location: Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Store, Maʻalaea Harbor Shops, next to Maui Ocean Center.
- Underwater hydrophones to hear whale songs
- Onboard Jr. Naturalist Program for kids
- Reef Safe Sunscreen – 4 oz. sunscreen in a fully sustainable tube made from sugarcane available for $17 onboard.
- Our vessels are CASHLESS for purchases. Only credit, debit or digital payment methods with a QR code will be accepted for on board purchases. Cash will graciously be accepted for gratuities only. Mahalo.
- Filtered water
- Whale sightings guaranteed or go again free
- Please wear flat or low-soled shoes
- Affordable rentals of cameras and binoculars
- Snacks and beverages for purchase, including soda, juice and alcoholic beverages.
- Guests need to use hand railings and step carefully when entering and exiting vessel on gangway.
- No standing up on benches or chairs.
- No sitting on hand railings, tables, counters or chair backs.
- No smoking or vaping of any substance.
- No children on shoulders.
- Always keep a free hand for a railing or other fixed part of the boat, never carry more than can be taken in one hand.
- Stay hydrated.
- Wear low or flat-soled shoes.
- Regular updates on PWF Research, Education and Conservation
- Special Access to Industry Experts
- Quarterly Member Spotlight
- Exclusive Access to our Membership Portal
- Invitation to Member Only Events
- One of a Kind Member Merchandise
- Priority boarding on PacWhale Eco-Adventures vessels
Book Online & Save 20%
AdultsAge 13 & Over
ChildrenAges 12 & under
Free ChildAges 0-4 - One per paying Adult